Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ode to a ’96 Raleigh M7000 (it’s a mountain bike)

When I was a teen


You were so pretty and clean


I rode you to school


To make the other kids drool


We did our first race together


In nasty ass weather


You always made me look so cool


Then came college and you were boxed up


Shipped to the snow in a big truck


You sat outside and got a little rusty


But that was OK, you were always trusty


40 pounds of silvery steel, you will never die


And that is exactly why


Even though your rear shock goes from side to side


Your breaks don’t work and your gears grind


You still go downhill pretty well


And even though my friends give me hell


I will not replace you, this I promise


Because if I did, I would certainly miss


Your constant squeak that lets me know you’re there


And the way you decide which gear to wear


Because my Raleigh, when I was a teen you were free


And so forever together we shall be


A bike and rider intertwined


Oh Raleigh M7000 I’m so glad you are mine!




No comments:

Post a Comment