Thursday, May 24, 2007

Injured? Don't Do This!

When injury strikes, we stubborn triathletes tend to ignore the pain--or we freak out about it. No matter which end of the spectrum you're on, these mantras should help you jump on a sane road to recovery:


1. I will allow my body to heal.


2. I will not overtrain another sport to make up for time not running/swimming/biking.


3. I will not freak out that I will become fat in my new state of lower volume training.


4. I will religiously put frozen peas on my injury, and take Advil.


5. I shall not whine to my friends about my injury, lest they ban me from future training sessions with them. Or from all social activity.


Chill! The worst thing you could possibly do is to train through your injury. Doing this will never let it fully heal, and you'll only to have to take loads of time off later when it leads to something bigger and more evil.


Happy Injury-Free Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment