Need a little oomph to get you out there today? Whether you're biking, running, or swimming aujourd'hui, here are some awesome quotes to get you going--or to think about while you're sweating away! Because you're not the only one who's ever pondered the beauty of the bicycle...
- When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. -H.G. Wells
- The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without shocking the entire community. -Ann Strong
- "I'm going to go out a winner if I have to find a high school race to win my last race." - Johnny Gray (TriDiva isn't sure that one is always true...high schoolers can be wicked fast!)
- "Tough times don't last but tough people do." - A.C. Green
- H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. -Author Unknown
- Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. -John F. Kennedy
- "There are clubs you can't belong to, neighborhoods you can't live in, schools you can't get into, but the roads are always open." - Some ad guru for Nike
- Chlorine is my perfume. -Author Unknown
- The sound of a car door opening in front of you is similar to the sound of a gun being cocked. -Amy Webster (Ok, not so inspirational...but true!)
- When the earth floods from global warming, the swimmers will rule the world. -Author Unknown
- What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet? An organ donor. -David Perry (Cover your noggin!)
- "Multisport without the swim is like a date without the sex." -Mike Collier
- "EAT RIGHT. GET LOTS OF SLEEP. DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS. GO LIKE HELL." -another Nike marketing guru
- "If it doesn't kill you it will make you stronger." -Nietzsche
- "I am the greatest. I'm a machine." -great mantra to repeat to oneself, learned from a sleepover camp counselor
- "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew--and live through it." -Doug Bradbury
- "It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond
- "I have met my hero, and he is me." - George Sheehan (Repeat to self at least once a day. Very good for you.)
- "Pain is only temporary." Also good to repeat to self. Like in hour 3 of long run or ride.
No go out there and hit the road/path/pool and kick some mega butt! You rock!
PS. If you want more, check out these sites: